Follicular unit extraction commonly known as FUE is an effective hair transplant method. The hair follicles are taken from any part of the skin and transplanted on the scalp where hair is very less or not present. This is becoming quite popular these days and the results are highly appreciated.
There are many surgeons, who are well-experienced in administering FUE treatment. You have Dr. Martin Maag Lakewood Ranch who promotes such hair restoring treatment as it is highly safe and effective.
More in about FUE treatments in Lakewood Ranch
- Follicles unit extraction (FUE) is an advanced practice of surgery. In FUE, the patient’s entire skin with the hair follicle is taken and transplanted in the required area of the body.
- FUE is considered safer than FUT because there is less likelihood of enduring any infection. Moreover, there won’t be any problem of unmatched skin patches seen on the newly hair growth transplanted area.
- The most suitable candidates for FUE are individuals with issues like thin hair or having no hair at all. However, a person isn’t eligible for a hair transplant if they don’t possess healthy hair needed to do the hair transplantation.
- The old hair follicles are replaced by new follicles, thus more chances of healthy hair growth.
- The cost of the treatment varies for each person. It depends upon the quantity of hair to transplant, the number of sessions required to complete the FUE procedure, the expertise of the surgeon and how many of them are present in your Lakewood ranch. Most of health insurance packages don’t cover the hair transplant process.
- The surgeon uses micropunch apparatus to remove follicles and place them on the decided area. Tiny incisions with a needle are done in the area where the hair follicle is implanted.
- Lastly, the area from where the hair follicles have been extracted and inserted is cleaned and bandaged.
- The only side effect most probably seen is white spots present in the area from where the follicles were extracted. Fortunately, they will fade away soon.
When to consult the surgeon after FUE
- In case of infection or if there is bleeding seen on the surgery part.
- The feeling of numbness and tingling sensation in the just treated area.
- Pain or swelling experienced need to be notified to have prescribed remedies for it.
The side-effects are quite nominal and most importantly you can continue your daily work immediately after every hair transplantation session is over. All you need to do is contact a reputed surgeon’s hair restoration clinic in Lakewood Ranch.